It’s no secret that web development is evolving at a high pace. As of 2022, there is a total of 1.8 billion websites on the internet.
Businesses are heavily relying on powerful web development strategies to make their position in this crowded digital space.
The best way to keep yourself ahead in your business sector is to develop your web application leveraging custom web development services.
If you are looking for the best technologies that determine the future of web development, continue reading this blog post.
Table of Content
10 Technologies that Determine the Future of Web Development
Wondering what’s trending in web development? Here is the list of top 10 web development technologies transforming their future:
- Quantum Computing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP)
- Progressive Web Apps (PWA)
- Voice Search
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Single Page Application
- Virtual Reality
- Motion UI
Let us share detailed information about each technology to help you determine the future of web development. Even, these technologies will help to execute your web app idea into a live solution.
Introduced in the early 1980s, quantum computing is one of the fastest-growing web development trends and technologies. This web development technology uses the phenomenon of quantum physics such as superposition and entanglement. It is advisable to master subjects like machine learning, linear algebra, information theory, and probability to learn this newest technology.
Why Choose Quantum Computing for Your Business?
Choosing quantum computing for your business will enable it to optimize investment strategies, improve encryption, find products, and much more. No doubt, quantum computers are highly effective as they offer miraculous results for your business.
Advantages of Quantum Computing
- The major advantage of quantum computing is that the algorithm calculations are performed with ease.
- Quantum computing web development technology needs less power.
- Quantum computers can be used in cryptography, stock markets, pharmaceuticals, and stock markets.
Disadvantages of Quantum Computing
- Quantum Computers are quite expensive and not all organizations will be able to afford them.
- The technology needed to implement a quantum computer is still not available.
- Quantum CPU will face heating problems sometimes.
Examples of Quantum Computing
- Machine Learning
- Logistics Optimisation
- Cybersecurity & Cryptography
- Drug Design & Development
- Weather Forecasting
- Cleaner Fertilization
- Solar Capture
- Traffic Optimization
- Financial Modelling
- Computational Chemistry
Looking for a Web Development?
Get in touch with us. We have a team of technical professionals who can help to build secured and risk-free solutions.
Do You Know? Artificial Intelligence is an unprecedented, innovative technology for web development. With an increasing number of sites leveraging artificial intelligence for various purposes, AI systems are surely going to have a bright future. Dynamic websites leveraging AI can be the next big thing in the coming years. In fact there are many AI frameworks and tools that help to develop artificial intelligence apps.
Why Choose Artificial Intelligence for Your Business?
There are numerous reasons to choose artificial design intelligence for your business including productivity gains, enhanced speed of business, better customer engagement, better quality, and many more. Simply put, AI supports three major business needs i.e. automating business processes, analyzing business data, and engaging with customers.
Advantages of Artificial Intelligence
- One of the major advantages of AI machines is that they can work for hours without any break, unlike humans.
- This technology is beneficial in detecting and fixing errors.
- AI delivers excellent digital support to customers.
Disadvantages of Artificial Intelligence
- Artificial intelligence boosts productivity by offering powerful results.
- With the development of AI technology, unemployment is becoming a serious concern as this technology can make humans dependent on machines.
- It’s no secret that machines can never be creative. They perform only when we give them any commands.
Examples of Artificial Intelligence
- Spam Filters
- Security Surveillance
- Process Automation
- Smart Personal Assistants
- Voice to Text Features
- Online Customer Support
- Business Forecasting
- Predictive Customer Service
Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP)
As mobile devices are widely used for businesses, Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) technology is introduced to develop web pages at optimal speed on mobile devices. This development technology is built using plugins and offers exceptional UI/UX. It helps businesses to build a strong online presence. AMPs are the future of website development and digital marketing.
Why Choose Accelerated Mobile Pages for Your Business?
There are several reasons to choose AMP pages for your business which include faster loading time for visitors, less data usage for visitors, enhance online visibility, and maximize Return on Investment (ROI). So, if you want to create a powerful website, you need to use AMP for your business.
Advantages of Accelerated Mobile Pages
- AMP helps web developers to build fast smartphone websites. It improves website loading time.
- AMPs rank higher than non-AMP websites for organic mobile search results.
- With AMP, you can develop a stable and user-friendly website.
Disadvantages of Accelerated Mobile Pages
- AMP is difficult to implement. Developers implementing AMP pages should follow Google’s guidelines.
- You’ll lose leads and subscribers as AMP pages don’t show email popups and opt-in forms.
- With AMP, you’ll face tracking issues as AMP pages are tracked differently as compared to standard pages.
Examples of AMPs
- The Washington Post
- The Guardian
- The Verge
Progressive Web Apps (PWA)
Want to know more about different types of web applications? Get a complete idea about the types of web apps from this blog.
Why Choose Progressive Web Apps (PWA) for Your Business?
Progressive Web Applications benefit businesses by offering an enhanced user experience, more efficient security, eliminating the development cost, seamless offline operation, native apps like performance, and much more. PWAs are more searchable as compared to native apps.
Advantages of Progressive Web Apps
- Progressive web apps are quick and easy to install.
- PWAs can operate offline.
Disadvantages of Progressive Web Apps
- Progressive web pages can run on Apple devices, but they are not compatible with older devices.
- PWAs can’t do everything that mobile apps can do.
Examples of Progressive Web Apps (PWA)
Voice search is an important web development trend and is undoubtedly the future of digital marketing and web development. This voice recognition technology allows users to perform searching by speaking into a device which can be a computer, tablet, or smartphone. Speech recognition tech was introduced in 1953 to help you search anything on electronic devices faster rather than typing.
Why Choose Voice Search for Your Business?
Choosing this technology for your business online will help you increase your business productivity, reach multiple clients at once, drive traffic, create a better customer experience, and put you ahead of the competition. That’s why voice search optimization is important for modern businesses.
Advantages of Voice Search
- People with physical disabilities can easily access this web development technology.
- This technology works faster as compared to typing search.
Disadvantages of Voice Search
- Voice search can cause a lot of delays as this technology doesn’t catch complex vocabulary.
- With this technology, users can get unhelpful responses to their questions.
Examples of Voice Search
- Google Home
- Microsoft Cortana
- Google Assistant
- Android Phones
Internet of Things (IoT)
IoT is a developing technology that will help web developers create a fully connected world. It allows the devices to communicate faster with each other and result in smarter digital solutions. The IoT solutions will be secure, flexible, and reliable. Leveraging IoT technology, web developers can collect data from IoT devices with ease. In the future, the role of IoT is expected to grow in the coming years.
Why Choose the Internet of Things (IoT) for Your Business?
With the Internet of Things (IoT) technology, your business can use important data to achieve growth goals. IoT helps businesses reduce costs, boost productivity, unearth new business opportunities, promote optimal asset utilization, and improve security levels.
Advantages of IoT
- With IoT, you can access any information with ease.
- As IoT devices communicate with each other, they can perform any task without the need for human intervention.
Disadvantages of IoT
- As IoT systems depend on the internet, they are unable to work efficiently without it.
- It is hard to plan and manage a broad technology for IoT systems.
Examples of Internet of Things (IoT)
- Supply Chain Management
- Connected Appliances
- Home Security
- Activity Trackers
- Ingestible Sensors
- Industrial Safety
- AR Glasses
- Barcode Readers
Single Page Application
A single-page application contains only one page. Single-page applications have become the future of website development. Compared to multi-page applications, single-page websites offer a much better experience. A single-page web application is ideal for image-heavy websites. If you want to develop a single-page application for your business, get in touch with an experienced web developer from a leading company to develop a secured solution.
Why Choose a Single Page Application for Your Business?
Single page applications help businesses by enhancing user experience, improving performance and speed, providing rapid development, and caching abilities. More and more businesses are leveraging this technology to improve their performance and flexibility.
Pros of Single Page Application
- Single-page applications deliver a seamless user experience.
- SPAs use less bandwidth as they load web pages only once.
Cons of Single Page Application
- The major disadvantage of SPA is that it doesn’t work well with SEO.
- SPAs are more accessible to cross-site scripting attacks.
Examples of Single Page Application
- Google Maps
Have a Website Development Idea in Mind?
Schedule a call with us. We have experienced web developers who can convert your idea into reality.
It’s no wonder that virtual reality is a powerful website development technology. The websites designed using VR allow users to experience the 3D world. More and more businesses are hiring web developers with excellent skills in VR.
Why Choose Virtual Reality for Your Business?
Virtual Reality can be used to drive revenue for your business. This web development technology allows you to see the product design from different and help you make informed decisions regarding materials or colors. It saves precious time and money on product design. VR helps you enhance your customer experience.
Have a virtual reality app development idea? But don’t know how to proceed further with a development? Get in touch with us to discuss your vision and hire dedicated full stack developers to execute your idea.
Advantages of Virtual Reality
- Visuals made leveraging visual reality are better than the real world. This technology is highly used in video games.
- VR technology can be used in numerous fields due to its extensive features.
Disadvantages of VR
- One of the major disadvantages of VR technology is that not everyone can afford it.
- VR technology is still experimental.
Examples of Virtual Reality
- Toms Shoes
- McDonald’s Happy Goggles
- The Home Improvement Niche
- New York Times
- Volvo Test Drive
- Disney Movies VR
Introduced in 1991 by Stuart Haber and W Scott Stornetta, blockchain technology has become website development’s future. The majority of big-name companies are using blockchain to improve existing processes and leverage new business strategies.
Why Choose Blockchain for Your Business?
No doubt, blockchain is emerging as a trend. There are numerous reasons to use blockchain for your business. Some of the major benefits that blockchain technology can bring to business include improved security, reduced cost, improved visibility, speed, innovation, immutability, and tokenization.
Advantages of Blockchain Technology
- Transactions are processed faster as there is no third party involved.
- Blockchain services are highly secure.
- This technology is not limited to the financial sector. It is used in several sectors.
Disadvantages of Blockchain Technology
- Blockchain is new and complex. And blockchain engineers are in short supply.
- This web development technology is very costly.
Examples of Blockchain
- Smart Contracts
- Electronic Voting
- Paying Employees
- Supply-Chain Communications
- Digital Wills
Motion UI is one of the popular web development trends and technologies to create animations to enhance the user experience. This technology helps business websites to stand out from competitors.
Why Choose Motion UI for Your Business?
There are several benefits of choosing a motion user interface for your business. This web development technology helps you to market your product, add value to your content, create brand online awareness, improve SEO, increase efficiency, and repurpose your business information with ease in this competitive digital market.
Advantages of Motion UI
- Motion UI can enhance web design and improve website conversion rate.
- This emerging technology can showcase your business product and services uniquely.
Disadvantages of Motion UI
- Motion graphics can slow the loading speed of web pages.
- Sometimes this technology can distract users from your business message.
Examples of Motion UI
- Chat Interaction
- MOON Animation
- Pinky 3D Animation
- Processing Animation
- Kinetic Typography Motion
- Snowy Background Animation
- Cursor Effect
- 404 Animation
As you have learned about the technologies transforming the future of web development, let us give you the answers to the most frequently asked questions about this emerging technology.
FAQs About Future of Web Development
What are the essential skills every web developer should have?
Wondering what important skills are required to have in web development? A web developer must have a basic understanding of HTML, web design, analytical knowledge, and popular web programming languages. He/she must have a great learning attitude, good communication skills, time management skills, and testing skills. Web designers and developers should keep themselves updated with the latest technology within the web application development industry.
The majority of clients prefer web designers and developers who have basic knowledge of SEO. To improve your development skills, you should practice coding skills, learn from an experienced web developer, learn new web technologies, join the open source community, and improve your soft skills.
What are the tools to predict the future of web development?
With the advancement of technology, there are tons of latest trends and tools that can help to predict the future of web development. Google Trends is one of the most widely used tools for predicting the future of web application development. It is a free tool from Google. Some other tools that also predict web development future are Google Search Console, Moz Pro, SimilarWeb, SpyFu, Ahrefs, and Semrush.
Ready to Predict the Future of Web Development?
As you can see, the above-mentioned web development trends and technologies are emerging at a higher pace. Almost every technology we have discussed in this blog post relates to other technology in one way or another. You have already got to know how these latest web development technologies bring benefits to businesses.
Still, confused about web development’s future? No need to worry! Though there are numerous development companies providing world-class development services, choosing the right one can be challenging. We have a team of dedicated and skilled web developers that can help you choose the right technology for your development project. Let us help you give your business an extra boost!