Developers use various tools and frameworks during software development, code creation, and testing. Those tools are carefully selected in the market for some kind of development process that provides hands-on productivity, especially for Angular development. Development tools and frameworks include various types of text editors, compilers, code libraries, etc. As Angular is becoming more and more popular for developing mobile and desktop web apps, the use of IDE (Integrated Development Environment) options is also increasing along with it. Let’s check out the best Angular IDE options available for smooth web app development.
Table of Content
- 8 Best Angular IDE for Web Development in 2020
- Features of IDE
- Benefits of using IDE
The IDEs are not just limited to back-end development; in fact, some of their efficiency and productivity can be helpful in front-end development. Let’s see what IDE is and what are the best IDE for web app development available for Angular development?
8 Best Angular IDE for Web Development in 2020
There are various tools developed for Angular Developers, but very few tools help developers provide hands-on productivity. As we saw in the previous section, IDE is intended to make things easier for the developers’ work. Here are the top 8 IDE for Angular development environments that can help you create outstanding Angular based projects.
- Angular IDE
- Visual Studio Code
- Sublime Text
- ALM IDE
- Aptana Studio
Angular IDE is developed, especially for Angular. It is accessible as a stand-alone plugin as well as with an Eclipse plugin. It is simple for beginner developers to learn and give more power to the Angular experts. The benefit of Angular IDE is, it is faster and effective and now supports the advanced editing of TypeScript 3.0. Another good thing about it is it is fully optimized to take all the advantages of Angular.
Features of Angular IDE
- TypeScript 3.0 validation and debugging
- CLI integration for Angular
- Advanced HTML templates
- Supporting Angular 7
- Support for TypeScript 3.0
- Block and full-file formatting
- Real time validation code
- Displays errors while you type
- Auto-completion of code
- Coloring and highlights the syntax-aware source
- Full-formatting with advanced settings
Webstorm is an outstanding code editor built on Intellij. It is the right choice for developers who are coding for Angular apps based on the best Integrated Development Environment for TypeScript. It also offers built-in elements for TypeScript editors. Not only this, but it also enables you to have quick integration with intelligent coding assistance. It also has a plugin environment with inclusive configuration and local History features, etc. This code editor also reduces the requirement of third-party plugins by generating codes in IDE for TypeScript code.
Features of Webstorm
- Version control system
- An additional plugin for the ecosystem
- Easy tool integration
- Built-in terminal
- Robust navigation and refactoring
- Supports debugging, tracing, and testing
- Debugging, Tracing, and testing
- Smart coding assistance
Visual Studio Code
This source code editor for Windows, OS x, and Linux is known as the Visual Studio Code, and it is developed by Microsoft. It offers support for TypeScript code, intelligent code completion, functions, debugging, and inserted modules. Its snippets and code refactoring features are helpful for easier development. Visual Studio Code provides constant assistance for syntax highlighting and auto-completes the code using IntelliSense.
Features of Visual Studio Code
- Variety of Language support
- In-built Git commands
- Quick Debugging
- Easy to customize
- Always on IntelliSense
- Extensible and customizable
Features of Brackets
- Live preview
- Pre-processor support
Github has built a hackable editor called Atom, which works efficiently on popular platforms such as Android, MAC, and Linux. For all the major development technologies, developers prefer to use Atom. It has a vast community that helps developers by offering active contributors to plugins. When you use this IDE for Angular, it will be easier for you to customize because they keep updating their IDE for Angular with new packages and themes.
Features of Atom Editor
- Built-in package manager
- Elegant auto-completion
- Allow Cross-platform editing
- Easy browsing along with multiple panes
- File system browser
Sublime Text is stable and lightweight and functions at lightning speed. One of the most emphasized traits of this text editor is its capacity to manage massive files without running into issues. Its performance is superior, mainly when powered with its capability to examine regular expressions and case-sensitive characters.
It contains the support for manifold cursors, which permits synchronized editing and offers a mini-map that depicts precisely how huge your file is. You can direct to an actual location in the mini-map without scrolling through pages.
Features of Sublime Text
- Command Palette
- Customized UI toolkit
- Plug-in API
- Go to anything
- Prompt project switch
- Support for Typescript code editing
- Optimized and customizable functionalities
- Cross-platform editing
- Split editing
ALM IDE is based on the cloud and available for Typescript. It permits you to code rapidly in Typescript projects. You can simply set it up with a single npm command. It is easy to utilize, and it eliminates all the obstacles to use Typescript. You can build TypeScript projects on the Raspberry pie.
Features of ALM
- Made for Typescript
- Eliminates obstructions of entry into Typescript
Aptana Studio has a wholly equipped IDE that is favored for developing web sites and applications. This is an open-source IDE and is based on Eclipse that has been go-to for Java developers for a long time. It can be utilized in optimizations for PHP, CSS, Java, and HTML, and also presents numerous plugins that allow extensions for third-party applications.
Intended to help the senior developers, Aptana Studio supports elegant and modern web development methods. It endures to uphold its focus on AJAX application development and offers exceptional support for all sorts of app development.
Features of Aptana Studio
- Deployment expert
- Testing tools
- Completely customizable
- Inbuilt terminal
Features of IDE
An Integrated Development Environment (IDE) also contains essential features that offer many benefits to the developers and help them develop web apps very quickly. Some of the features are:
- Text Editor – To write and edit each IDE has included text editors for source codes. Most of the IDEs include visual components that allow developers to drag and drop the front-end development elements. Still, most of them carry a straightforward interface along with language-based syntax highlighting so that everyone can use it.
- Debugger – Such a debugging feature helps users in identifying errors or bugs from the source code. This feature also suggests the real-world circumstances to test the code performance and included functionality. It is beneficial to test and find out errors and bugs before developers release the application.
- Compiler – Compilers are the components that help developers in interpreting programming language into a form of machine language that machines can process quickly; usually, we know it as binary code. Such a machine code is used to analyze the accuracy of the development and optimize performance.
- Code Completion – To identify and include code components, IDEs have a feature called code completion. This feature helps developers in saving a lot of code writing time and reduces typo errors.
- Programming language support – Usually, IDEs are designed and developed for the single programming language, but due to the high demand for multi-language support, some IDEs offer this support. When you choose the ideal IDE for your development, you need to identify your requirements first.
- Plugins and Integrations – Whenever you are looking for the best suitable IDEs, appropriate plugins and integrations play a significant role in your search. Most suited plugins will help you improve your development workflows and productivity. Poor integration may cause various problems, so you need to be very careful when choosing the best plugins that match your IDE.
Benefits of using IDE
IDEs are the best option for developers to take their software development to the next level without hassle. It allows developers to do fast setup and standardize the process across the tools.
IDE is the one platform from which developers can configure various tools rather than spending time in deciding different tools and platforms for various tasks individually. Apart from that, there are other benefits of using an IDE. Here are some of them:
- Save Time and Efforts: IDEs make sure that the developers develop software in a faster and easier way possible. The tools and features included in IDEs help them save lots of time and effort. Not only this, but it will also help in organizing resources, avoiding mistakes, and provide shortcuts that will fasten the development process.
- Improve Company Standards: Working in the same development environment as IDEs, developers will stick to a well-maintained process and be able to keep the high standard of the project. Many IDEs offer predefined templates and code libraries that developers can share within the project team and sustain the company process and standard.
- Project Management: IDEs make sure that the developers develop software in a faster and easier way possible. The tools and features included in IDEs help them save lots of time and effort. Not only this, but it will also help in organizing resources, avoiding mistakes, and provide shortcuts that will fasten the development process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is the best IDE for Angular?
For developers who are coding for Angular apps based on the best IDE for TypeScript, Webstorm code editor is the best IDE. It also delivers inbuilt elements for TypeScript editors. And if you require the support for manifold cursors, which allows synchronized editing and presents a mini-map that depicts accurately how huge your file is, Sublime Text Editor is the best IDE for Angular.
What is an IDE?
Integrated Development Environment (IDE) is a program that developers use to simplify their work. Choosing the best IDE for Angular is equally crucial for businesses, just like they choose Angular Framework. In most cases, IDE is used to improve the development process and enhance the developer’s productivity. It has the potential to integrate the software into the development system and analyze the entire process.
Is Visual Studio good for web app development?
Microsoft VSCode is the right development environment for those who want to create a useful website or web application. We have already described the features it offers for the Angular based application in this article, and the core reason for choosing this is developers consider VSCode as one of the best IDE for web app development.
Is Webstorm better than Vscode?
We hope that this list of top 8 Angular IDEs will help you, and you will take all the advantages by using them to create one of the best high-performing applications. Above listed applications are the best in the industry and chosen by the developers that empower them to create an enriching experience for their end-users. If you want to have the same experience for your project, you can contact our experts anytime; we will be happy to hear from you.